"It is the aim of our school to create a happy, caring, structured environment where our children are free to learn, to discover and to grow"
- To create an environment with a true Montessori ethos, where children are valued. A happy community that promotes learning, where children are proud of their achievements and develop a positive attitude to their work.
- To help children reach their full intellectual potential, through a wide range of educational experiences that develop skills in communication, numeracy, decision making and other intellectual, creative and physical areas.
- To help pupils become self disciplined, to make them aware of their behaviour and responsibilities towards home, school and the wider world.
- To instill respect towards others, to develop a code of moral values which include tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To develop physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual awareness in each child.
- To provide a stimulating environment and broad based curriculum catering for the needs of each child.
- To help pupils acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
- To develop mutually beneficial relationships with parents and the local community.
- To afford maximum opportunity for the professional development of the staff.
- To foster an enquiring mind and a love of learning that will stay with each child throughout his/her life.
Above all we want children to have gained positive learning experiences in our school, to be equipped when they leave here at 11 years old, with self confidence, and a continuing desire to learn and who are happy to take on new challenges, who respect themselves, their fellow human beings and the world around them.